Tuesday, March 15, 2022

First group of models done

 



I am very happy with the way these turned out. I think the squat with the radio, second from left, is possibly my favourite from the range, I love the personality conveyed in the model. The squat in the bomber jacket is also up there.

I ended up doing an off white trim on the edge of the padded jackets which make them look a lot more finished. 

One thing I'm not totally sure about is the reflection on the visor that is up on the squat second from right. The visor might be a bit too curved to have the earth reflected, it still conveys the idea though I think. Remaining consistent with the visors will probably be the biggest challenge on this project but I think the look on the army as a whole might create a cool effect!

I also set up a collaboration space for the group that I game with on Trello, which has worked really well to determine the basing and terrain scheme for the campaign. I threw up a poll on there with a few terrain schemes and we ended up with desert terrain. I am very happy with this as it can also be used for Necromunda Ash Wastes when it comes out and I have a way on creating desert bases I am comfortable with using the super glue and bicarb method. I will do a tutorial on how I do it a future post I think, it will help to have a step by step for the method spelled out for me for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Couple of Special Weapons

Oh boy do I love these miniatures. The flamers are just great, with their subtle allusions to the flamer design to come, the fuel hoses, the...