Monday, April 4, 2022

Living Ancestor

 So this is a heretical post. I never much liked the old squat living ancestor models. They are charming but I am not sure they represent how I imagined them when I read about them. Something about the collars, and how able bodied they look. I did however come across an amazing use of an old model, I unfortunately don't have the name of the person who came up with the idea anymore, but the model from the old citadel dwarves is just amazingly characterful. I did a small conversion to give the model a force axe but the pose and gimmick I wanted to keep intact.

 'Old Fuselah' the Living Ancestor



I wrote up the following fluff to go with him as he is one of my character models

Fuselah is a living ancestor (Squat Living Ancestor) and the trusted advisor of Gurni Gundersson XVI. He is a spry 650 which allows him a long memory but also the continued ability to express himself coherently, a trait that becomes increasingly rare at advanced age. Though prone to long meandering tales of questionable relevance to what is actually being discussed, he does often provide valued insight.

Of bent and wizened stature, Fuselah is capable of bouts of uncharacteristic agility, seen only in Squats a quarter of his age. Provided he has remembered to tuck his 5' long beard into his belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Couple of Special Weapons

Oh boy do I love these miniatures. The flamers are just great, with their subtle allusions to the flamer design to come, the fuel hoses, the...